The 2023 GIST Fully-Funded Scholarships in South Korea are now accepting applications. In a wide range of subjects, the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST) provides almost 300 scholarships to international students at the Master’s, Ph.D., and Integrated MS. and Ph.D. levels.
One of South Korea’s top centers for science and technology research is the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology (GIST), which offers top-notch instruction and analysis to assist students to develop their analytical and leadership abilities. Therefore, get started on your path to a prestigious education if you are interested in attending such a school.
Apply also: Arizona University Scholarships 2023
Brief Details About GIST
- Host Country: Korea
- Host Organization: GIST
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Masters, & Ph.D.
- Fields of Study: Several Fields
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Gender: Male/Female
- Application Status: Open Now
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2022
- Master’s program: 2 years
- Ph.D. Programs: 4 years
Apply also: Swansea University Scholarships Abroad
- The tuition fee of 3,415,000 KRW/per semester
- Living allowance (140,000 KRW/month for master and 295,000 KRW/month for PhD
- International student allowance: 120,000 KRW/month
- Meal allowance (special for international students) 100,000 KRW/month
- Health insurance (80%) and yearly medical check-ups
- Flight reimbursement for incoming international students (one-way flight to Korea)
- Research assistance for those who participate in research projects (4,785,384 KRW per year of M.S. and 12,263,262 KRW per year of Ph.D.)
Here is our guide to scholarships benefits
Fields of Study
- School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Mechanical Engineering School
- School of Life Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Integrated Technology School
- Energy Convergence School
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Earth Sciences and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Physics and Photon Science
- Department of Biomedical Science and Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate School
- Open to international students of any nationality.
- For MS degree programs, applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Applicants applying for Ph.D. programs should have a master’s degree or equivalent.
- And, provide evidence of English language proficiency in one of the internationally recognized tests such as TOEFL iBT 80, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, TEPS, and NEW TEPs.
- Online GIST Scholarship application form
- Official transcripts & certificates of previous degrees
- Two letters of recommendation (download the format)
- Valid English proficiency certificate
- Scanned copy of the passport
- A letter of recommendation for a Matriculation fee waiver (Download the format)
- And, a certificate of English language proficiency from the applicant’s last home institution (Download the format)