The Indonesia Kemitraan Negara Bekembang (KNB) Scholarship application period is currently open. This scholarship is available to students from poor nations who wish to study in Indonesia for their Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.
The Scholarship, which has been awarded since 2006 to 1,608 students from 97 countries, is managed by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology and the Directorate General of Higher Education, Technology, and Research.
The KNB Scholarship is essential in assisting Indonesian higher education institutions in their attempts to become more globally competitive.
The main goals of this scholarship are to advance deeper cultural understanding, support human resource development in emerging nations, and improve ties and collaboration among those nations. Apply also for .
Brief Details About KNB Scholarships
- Host Country: Indonesia
- Host Institution: N/A
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Bachelor’s & Master’s Degree
- Fields of Study: Several Fields
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Gender: Male/Female
- Application Status: Open Now
- Application Deadline: 18 February 2023
Duration of Programs
- Indonesian Language Course: 12 Months
- Master Preparatory Program: 12 Months
- Bachelor’s Program: 48 Months (8 Semesters)
- Master Program: 24 Months (4 Semesters)
- Doctorate Program: 36 Months (6 Semesters)
Benefits of KNB Scholarships
- Living allowance of 1,500,000 IDR upon arrival in Indonesia;
- Monthly living and book allowances for Indonesian language preparation;
- Monthly stipend for living, research, and book allowances;
- Medical insurance up to IDR 400,000
- Economy class airfare travel to and from Indonesia;
- Local transport to the host university
Note: Students are responsible for any other costs not mentioned above.
How to Apply?
- Application Procedure:
- Download the Invitation Letter from the Scholarship website;
- Submit the Invitation Letter, Academic Certificates, Academic Transcripts, and Passport to the Indonesian Embassy or Indonesian Consulate to get the recommendation letter;
- Complete the online application process;
- Wait for the selection process;
- Check the Selection Results through the KNB Scholarship Website and the Indonesian Embassy publication network.
- Guides: During the application process, remember some important information below:
- Collect as much information as possible on the desired study program and universities. After admission, no change is likely in either the universities or your study program.
- The recommendation letter from the Indonesian Embassy in your home country is mandatory. The Embassy issues the recommendation letter based on verification and necessary background or security checks by the Indonesian Embassy. In case of no Indonesian official representative in your country, applicants can get a letter from any Indonesian Embassy accredited to their home country.
- All documents should be in English or officially translated into English.
- The participants from English-speaking countries also need to meet the requirement to each the written proof of their English proficiency.
- The universities will conduct the selection process and may ask for an online interview with the potential candidates.