For the academic year 2023, undergraduate and graduate students can apply for the Romanian Government Scholarship. International students must have at least 7 (seven) points on the Romanian scoring system or a “Good” grade.
Also, Apply: UAE 2023 Khalifa University Scholarships | Fully Funded
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of the Government of Romania provides scholarships each year to non-EU students who want to pursue a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in Romania. Any study program, save those in medicine, pharmacy, and dentistry, is available to applicants.
Candidates applying for Ph.D. programs can choose among programs offered in English, however, those applying for Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs can only choose from those accessible in Romanian. Applicants may register for a one-year Romanian language preparation course.
Short Detials of Romania Scholarship for International Students 2023
- The application deadline is March 1, 2023
- Application Status: Active
- The date has been set for July 15, 2023 (by email)
- On October 1, 2023, the academic year will begin.
- The granting bodies are the Romanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education and Research.
- Type of funding: fully financed
- Program Duration: 3 to 6 years for a Bachelor’s degree, 1 to 2 years for a Master’s degree, and 3 to 5 years for a Ph.D.
- Romanian Universities are the host institutions
- Romania is the location. Degree Levels: Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D.
- Countries Eligible: Non-EU Countries
- Study Subjects: Various subjects Medium of Instruction: Romanian for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees, English or other foreign languages for Ph.D.
Candidates who qualify are excluded from enrolling in the introductory Romanian language course:
- Provide diplomas, certificates, or study papers, such as school records, for at least four years of consecutive Romanian language studies.
- Pass the Romanian language examination;
- Provide a certificate of linguistic competence in Romanian, minimum level B1.
Benefits of Romania Scholarship for International Students 2023
- Expenses for registration or any additional fees that applicants must pay;
- Fees for the Romanian language preparation year;
- Stipend paid monthly to students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year.
- Tuition for actual studies over the course of a university study program;
- Stipend and financial aid for students participating in Bachelor’s (65 EURO), Master’s (75 EURO), or Doctoral degrees (85 EURO) programs for the duration of their studies;
- Dormitory housing costs within the Ministry of Education’s authorized subsidy;
- Medical help for illnesses and medical-surgical crises;
- Local public, maritime, ground, and underground transportation, as well as domestic vehicle and railway mobility, are all available to Romanian students.
- Study visa fee of the students.
Romania Scholarship for International Students 2023 Requirements
- Hold the citizenship of a non-EU country;
- Hold a high school certificate, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree;
- Have appropriate academic achievement, with a least of 7 in the most recent graduated school, according to the Romanian grade system (“Good” equivalent).
- Copies of educational diplomas (baccalaureate diploma or its equivalent, plus Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D.) in English, French, Romanian, and Spanish (where applicable);
- Birth certificate or other acceptable paperwork;
- Three pages of the applicant’s passport or national identity card;
- A CV in English language or French;
- Ph.D. students must also provide a letter of intent.
For those in the specific categories listed below, a copy of the following documents translated into English (if applicable) must be available:
- Copy of the name change document;
- For people in the particular groups listed below, a duplicate of the following records translated into English is required:
- a certificate from the previous year attesting that a student will take the graduation examination at the conclusion of the current academic year;
- Transcript attesting the academic record of the applicant in the final year of study;
- a certification of linguistic proficiency OR a document attesting to the successful completion of the Romanian Language Preparatory Year;
- Candidates under the age of 18 must submit a copy of their parental consent declaration by the start date of their studies.
How to Apply?
- Utilizing the apply now option below, create an account on the appropriate scholarship portal;
- completing the application form’s essential fields;
- Upload all required documents;
- Online submission of the application form and the required paperwork is required.