PhD scholarships are available under the African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme 2023 in the areas of migration and transnational relations, security and democratic transformation, and agrarian change. Applying for this scholarship is available here. Your application must be submitted by March 31, 2023. The Nordic Africa Institute is the provider of this scholarship, which has a total value of SEK 2,800 including round-trip airfare and other incentives. This scholarship is available to: African citizens. For postdoctoral researchers in Africa, the Nordic Africa Institute provides a Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Program.
Eligibility Requirements for Program for African Guest Researchers Scholarships 2023:
- The applicants of Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme should be involved in research about the African continent and with a proven track record of extensive research experience.
- The affiliations should be with an African university or other African research institution.
- If the applicant in Sweden, Finland, and Iceland, engaged in research on/about the African continent should have been affiliated to institutions in Sweden, Finland or Iceland.
- The candidate should submit the completed application form.
- A detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae
- The research project carried out at the Nordic Africa Institute can be submitted as a short abstract.
- The research proposal outlining the main features of the research topic should be well elaborated and submitted.It should in a maximum of 5 pages.
- References for the candidate and also copies of the publications should be submitted.
- A letter of support signed by the applicant’s Head of Department or another senior scholar in the same field is also required.