Applications for young international applicants to the Research in Industrial Projects for Students (RIPS) Program are now available. RIPS enables outstanding undergraduates majoring in math, computer science, and related fields to work in teams on real-world research projects that have been sponsored by private or public entities.
Apply also: Social Media Internship in WFP in Italy
With assistance from their academic mentor and an industry mentor, each student team will conduct the study and present the findings verbally and in writing at the program’s conclusion.
RIPS is open from June 20 till August 18, 2023. Students participating in the program will live and work in resident halls on the campus of the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) (IPAM). IPAM will offer the participants offices and technical assistance for at least nine anticipated projects. The Aerospace Corporation, Meta, GumGum, AMD, Google, HRL, IBM, Lawrence Livermore National Lab., and Roswell Biotech are a few of the companies that support RIPS.
Brief Details About RIPS Summer Internship
- Host Country: USA
- Host Organization: RIPS
- Funding Type: Paid
- Fields of Study: Several Fields
- Eligible Students: International Students who have High Mathematic and Computer Skills
- Gender: Male/Female
- Application Status: Open Now
- Application Deadline: 13 Feb 2023
- A stipend of $4,000;
- Travel costs;
- Housing and meals on campus;
- Site-visit with sponsors, please note that the site visit is subject to confirmation;
- Partial support for future travels to chosen conferences;
- Be foreign students;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be international students studying in the US or abroad;
- Graduating seniors are eligible;
- Be current undergraduates or recent graduates.
- Two reference letters (the referees must submit the letters online)
How to Apply? (Step by Step)
- Applicants must apply online at the official website;
- To apply, candidates must first log in to their account;
- Complete the standard cover sheet;
- Include the information of two referees;
- When clicking the submit button, applicants will return to the RIPS application form;
- Fill out the application and note that international students are only eligible for the RIPS-LA program;
- The applicant should have all of the necessary documents, including a CV, transcripts, and electing two reference writers;
- Fill out all mandatory fields completely;
- Click on Apply option at the end;
- After submission, check your Status page to see any status updates.