The Young Health Program Impact Fellowship 2023 is now accepting applications through One Young World (OYW), in collaboration with AstraZeneca. Young leaders who want to lessen the effect of Non-Communicable Diseases (NCDs) in their communities are empowered by this fellowship.
Inspiring young leaders will have the chance to attend the 2023 One Young World Summit in Belfast, United Kingdom, by taking part in the Young Health Program Impact Fellowship. Moreover, they will be given a grant of USD 10,000 to support a particular project inside their qualified non-profit organization. The funding will be used to create and implement practical health program promotion for underserved and marginalized groups in low- and middle-income nations.
The Young Health Program (YHP) is a global initiative to prevent disease that focuses on young people aged 10 to 24 and is a component of AstraZeneca’s sustainability commitment. The YHP’s main objective is to avoid significant NCDs such as type II diabetes, heart, and respiratory illnesses, as well as cancer. In order to fulfill UN SDG 3.4, the program targets the major risk factors, such as bad food, physical inactivity, exposure to air pollution, and hazardous use of alcohol and cigarettes.
Benefits of Impact Fellowship for the 2023 Young Health Program to Attend OYW Conference in the UK:
By participating in the Young Health Program Impact Fellowship, fellows will benefit from the following:
- A USD 10,000 grant for supporting the implementation of a 6-12-month NCD prevention-focused project;
- Opportunity to join the YHP Alumni Group and Network after attending the OYW Summit;
- Full access to the One Young World Summit from 2 – 5 October 2023.
- Return economy air travel from the fellow’s home country to Belfast arranged by the OYW delegate services team;
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast from 1 to 6 October 2023 arranged by the OYW delegate services team;
- Catering including dinner on 2 October, breakfast, lunch, and dinner from 3 to 5 October, and breakfast on 6 October;
- Up to £48 per day traveling costs to Belfast and on Summit days of 1, 2, and 6 October;
- UK visitor visa application fee of £105;
- Public transportation to carry the fellows from the airport to the hotel;
- Access to the AstraZeneca Young Health Program Scholarship’s pre-program on 2 October;
- Access to AstraZeneca’s YHP Impact Fellowship, including, but not limited to:
- One-year access to the One Young World Academy, an online learning experience that helps young leaders tackle some of the biggest challenges.
- Participation in an online mini-MBA program, complete with a University accreditation and 12 months of material access.
- Development opportunities connected to NCD prevention and professional skills.
Criteria for Impact Fellowship for the 2023 Young Health Program to Attend OYW Conference in the UK:
- Applicants must be 18 – 30 years old;
- Be nationals of non-sanctioned countries;
- Demonstrate positive impact connected to tackling non-communicable-diseases among youth;
- Have access to the internet and a computer or phone to participate in live, online Fellowship sessions;
- Applicants should commit to fully participate in the YHP Impact Fellowship and One Young World Summit;
- Be leaders or founders of registered non-profit organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Be operational for at least three full years.
- Have an income report of more than USD$50,000 and less than USD$1,000,000 in the last fiscal year;
- Be able to receive funding;
- Work in under-resourced communities such as in low-income or lower-middle-income countries;
- Be able to provide appropriate documentation in English to AstraZeneca’s grant-making partner at the Charities Aid Foundation. It means verifying their organization’s charitable status, governance, and financial situation.