The University of Donghua is now accepting applications for the Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS Category Type-B). Candidates from all around the world who have exceptional academic records, professional skills, and development potential are eligible for the CGS scholarship. In 2023, recipients of the CGS will be able to enroll in a Chinese institution to finish their master’s or doctorate degrees.
Additionally, this merit-based, fully funded Scholarship is offered for three years for students pursuing a master’s degree and four years for those pursuing a Ph.D. degree. The CGS application deadline is February 28, 2023.
Brief Details About Donghua UNiveristy Scholarships
- Host Country: China
- Host Institution: Donghua University
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Masters and Ph.D.
- Fields of Study: Several Fields
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Gender: Male/Female
- Application Status: Open Now
- Application Deadline: 15 March 2023
Benefits of Donghua Scholarships
- Free tuition
- On-campus dorm fee
- Comprehensive medical insurance fee
- Monthly stipend of RMB 3,000 per month for a master’s student and RMB 3,500 per month for a doctoral student
- Students must be a non-Chinese citizen;
- Be physically and mentally healthy;
- Having a particular financial capability;
- Have no criminal record;
- Master’s scholarship applicants should not be more than 35 years old, and self-funded applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time of application;
- Doctorate scholarship applicants should not be more than 40 years old, and self-funded applicants must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent;
- Hold a master’s degree or its international equivalent;
- Applicants of the Chinese-taught programs should prove the Chinese proficiency equivalent to at least HSK Level 5 (180 scores). Also, for English-taught programs, the applicant’s English proficiency must be equal to IELTS Academic 6.0 or TOEFL IBT 80.
Required Documents for Your Application
- Upload the scanned pieces of the original documents; except for the ID photo, submit the coloured scan in PDF format.
- Non-Chinese or English language documents must include notarized Chinese or English translations uploaded together with the original ones.
- Upload photos of the artwork.
- Complete the online application and pay a non-refundable application fee before the deadline.
- Remember that application materials and application fees are not returnable.
How to Apply?
- Register at DHU’s online application system by entering the link below, filling in the blanks, and uploading all the application materials.
- Candidates who pass the University’s review will receive the Pre-admission Letter through the University’s official email:
- Log in to the CGS information system by entering the link below (Category Type-B, Agency number 10255)
- Upload the required application materials
- After completing the submission, inform the University of Donghua of the serial number of the CGS scholarship application form.
4. The University will select, publicize and recommend excellent postgraduate scholarship candidates to the China Scholarship Council (CSC).
5. CSC experts review the candidates’ academic performance, development potential, total capacities, etc.
6. The University will announce the final admission results decided by CSC.
7. In this step, the scholarship recipients apply for a student visa and depart to Donghua University to complete the registration procedures for freshmen enrolment within the time specified by the University.