Students from member nations such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Iran, Nepal, Philippines,… are given Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarships (ADB-JSP) to study at designated institutions (DIs) in the Asia and Pacific region, particularly the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), for courses in economics, business and management, science, and technology, as well as other development-related fields.
Brief Details About ADB Scholarships for Graduate Studies
- Host Country: Thailand
- Host Institution/Organization: Asian Development Bank
- Funding Type: Fully Funded
- Level of Study: Masters
- Fields of Study: Several Fields
- Eligible Students: International Students
- Gender: Male/Female
- Application Status: Open Now
- Application Deadline: 31 March 2023
- Tuition fee
- Housing / Accommodation
- Subsistence Allowance
- Medical and Accident insurance
- Economy class round-trip flight ticket
- Visa, airport taxes, luggage expenses
- Research Allowance
- Scholars are expected to have sufficient skills in language and computers to undertake their study program. However, in special cases where additional training is deemed necessary, expenditures incurred to improve language proficiency and computer literacy may be covered under the scholarship (actual costs).
The following are not eligible for financial aid:
- expenses for the scholar’s family;
- extra-curricular courses or training;
- additional travel during the course of the study program;
- additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials,
- field trips, or
- participation in workshops, seminars, or
- internships while at the DI or
- purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
Who can Apply?
To be eligible for the ADB-JSP scholarship at AIT, You need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a national borrowing member of the Asian Development Bank
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent with an excellent academic record.
- Possess a minimum of two years of full-time professional post-graduation working experience.
- Be proficient in oral and written English
- Be 35 years old or younger during the application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- Be healthy
- Concur to return to the country of citizenship after completing the master’s degree.
- Asian Development Bank Staff, consultants, and their relatives
- AIT Staffs
- Applicants living or working outside their home country
- Applicants are already enrolled in a graduate degree
- Applicants of undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, and research projects.
- Priority to Ranking, order of merit
- Work experience
- Female applicants will be given preference
- Applicant’s financial need: Family income should be not more than USD 50,000 per year, and individual income should not be more than USD 25,000 per year.
- Previous studies abroad (may not
The Program encourages studies in line with the core areas of ADB’s Strategy 2020, which address poverty reduction through infrastructure, environment, regional cooperation and integration, finance sector development, and education. Strategy 2020, ADB’s strategy,
- A 4 year Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript
- Two letters of recommendation
- English Proficiency document: TOEFL 550 (computer-based: 213 or iTOEFL: 80), or IELTS: 6 (writing and overall) or equivalent
- Work certificate provided by the employer.
- Income statement. If married, please submit the spouse’s income statement; otherwise, the parent’s income statement
- ADB-JSP Information sheet.
How to Apply?
Applicants should request the information and application from the Asian Institute of Technology, apply for admission, and submit the documents, including the application form, ADB-JSP Information Sheet form, latest income Tax return, or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary to AIT.
- The application will be reviewed by AIT and will submit the ranked list of applicants to the Asian Development Bank
- ADB will review and select the applicants based on their eligibility and criteria
- AIT will notify successful candidates after approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB.